Happy Monday everybody! On this dreary January day, that most of you are probably experiencing, I thought I would give a quick indoor-project tutorial to brighten up your Monday.
One day last week, I had come across this Mason jar vase wall unit and knew this was something I needed to pin to my “Must make…” board on Pinterest.Nothing lands on this board unless, I have every intention to make it. I also, don’t let things hang out there too long before I make a plan of action and mark them off my to-do list. I knew I could complete this in no time, with a little help from my handy husband.
Here is another picture that inspired me to make this project happen.
- Board for base, whatever size you would like (Mine was 1-1/2″D x 11″H x 28″L)
- Metal pipe clamps (found at any hardware store, I purchased 3 for $4.50)
- Screws for pipe clamps (I used 1/2″ screws)
- Screws to adhere the finished product to the wall (We used 3″ screws, as our board was 1-1/2″ deep.)
- Desirable jars, bottles or vases (I used 3-quart size jars.)
Here is the board I selected off our scrap pile. It was actually a part of an old building that had been torn down, so it provided the weathered-rustic look, I was hoping for.
I didn’t have to sand, distress, stain or paint my board. Just a good ole’ wipe down with an old sock and some water and then again, with some pledge. To change the look to adapt to a more modern style, you could always paint or white-wash your board or spray paint the pipe clamps to freshen it up.
Here are the 3 – pipe clamps, which were my only purchase for this project. This purchase didn’t break the bank either at $4.50 for all of them! Got to love a budget-bang-for-your-buck project!The next picture gives you an idea of the size of the pipe clamps.
We used a drill bit the size of our screw to pre-drill the holes on all the pipe clamps. This is what they all looked like before we attached them all to the board.
Now, to explain a dilemma. When you screw the pipe clamps straight to the board without attaching a small piece of wood behind them, you have to understand that your jars will tilt back on the top because of the curvature of the jar. I liked this look, however, if you do not, an easy fix would be to drill through a small piece of wood to bump the pipe clamp out far enough so the jars sit straight.
Here is the finished product with a few hydrangea stems I had at the house.
I cannot wait to switch these out for all the seasons. I’m looking forward to putting fresh cut peonies from our garden in water in the spring and planting petunias, or a similar flower, during the summer. I could easily switch them out and put fresh greenery for winter or candles. Oh the possibilities are endless!