Just sharing a short and sweet (yes, definitely sweet) project for you to share with a special somebunny this Easter. If you have been on Pinterest lately, more than likely you have come across the famous “bunny bait” recipe. Very simple and helps you take care of all your Easter goodie baskets at once. Win-win!
I made a double batch because I had 16 goodie bags to make. However, listed below is the recipe for one batch. (Which is one pile in the picture below.)
- 1 bag popped white popcorn. (I actually popped 1/3 c. of popcorn in a saucepan with oil for the first time…very liberating.)
- 2 cups Chex cereal (Rice or corn chex both work just fine)
- 2 cups pretzels (These can be minis or sticks, whichever you prefer)
- 1 – 16 oz. bag of M&M’s candies (I used milk chocolate and peanut, because I made a double batch)
- 1 package of white candy coating (I used white almond bark, some use white Baker’s chocolate. Melt according to package direcitons)
- 1/2 bottle of colored sprinkles
Pour all the popcorn, cereal and pretzels onto wax paper on the dining room table. Drizzle (more like drench) the melted white chocolate over the dry mixture. (Do this as gracefully as you can.) Gently stir and flip until all is well coated. Add M&M’s, stir, shake sprinkles over the mixture and let harden.
I filled cellophane goodie bags and tied them off with some fun and colorful ribbon, both found at Wal-mart.
There is definitely something springy and fun about white fluffy popcorn and colorful sprinkles.
I already gobbled up my share and didn’t leave any leftovers in the house. Maybe I can bargain with my niece or nephew to share theirs. ; )