I couldn’t believe my eyes when I logged on this morning. Was I really seeing this comment from Amelia of Monograms ‘n Mud
, that Rural Life Story
was being nominated for an award!?
I had not heard of the Liebster award before this morning. Here is Amelia’s definition from her page:
Liebster, in German, means endearing, valued, lovely, etc. You get the idea. This award is presented as a way to acknowledge up and coming bloggers and to help them be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments within design that is presented on their blog.
I am still trying to find my niche in this blogging world and this was just the inspiration I needed!
Here are the rules for receiving the award.
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then
create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
So after accepting the nomination, I went to work:
- I have a ridiculous sweet-tooth. (like whole rows of brownies etc.)
- I’ve been my hometown county’s beef princess and queen.
- I worked at a bank in college and lived through a robbery.
- I’m a sucker for thrift and antique stores for vintage items.
- I do almost all of my clothing and home shopping online.
- I graduated with a bachelor’s in interior design and am now working as a secretary for a farm service company.
- Weddings and babies have always melted my heart and always will.
- I had 3 concussions under the age of 10.
- I have never broke a bone, been stung, been in accident or had surgery.
- I absolutely love small holidays, especially Valentine’s Day.
- I love to travel and now I love to travel even more now that I am married.
And here are the questions Amelia provided for us to answer.
1. What is your favorite period in history and why?
I am fascinated by the 1920s-1940s. A simpler, more honest way of living.
2. If a movie was made about your life, what actress would you want to play you?
Jennifer Garner. She portrays a lot of the same characteristics and seems to have the same values about marriage and family, by keeping her family and children out of the spotlight.
3. Favorite dessert?
Does that just say dessert, as in singular? If I have to choose, I would have to say chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
4. What is your favorite house/ home decor show?
Sarah’s House. I love all of Sarah Richardson’s shows. Her style is eclectic and lived-in, just the way I want my home.
5. What is your least favorite part about your house?
The closed-off , compartmentalized rooms. If that is the worst thing, I can definitely design around that.
6. If you could live anywhere, where would you pick & why?
I am not too picky, I could live anywhere as long as my husband was there. My preference would be to live in the country in the Midwest …just where I am right now. : )
7. What is your favorite color to decorate with?
Primary colors. They have so much character and possibility.
8. What blog inspires you the most?
Young House Love. I would have never begun blogging if it wasn’t for Sherry and John. I hope they know how many people they have inspired.
9. What is one thing you wish people knew about you?
Don’t be too quick to assume you know who I am. I can relate to many life situations and scenarios. I feel I have been through a lot in my mere 24 years. It only helps me better connect with people around me.
10. What room in your house are you most proud of?
The rooms that are done. ; ) I would say the entryway because it is the only room that is complete in our house.
11. What is your favorite post on your blog and why?
My news years post of goals and resolutions, titled, “What am I doing?” It was the point where I discovered what it was that I wanted to achieve out of all my creative outlets. I outlined what I wanted to achieve and how I was going to accomplish them.
And now I can’t wait to share the 11 blogs that I searched high and low for. They are now apart of my reading list each morning.
Please take a moment to check these out. They are a product of some very hardworking women. Enjoy!
Now for the new Liebster Award nominees, here are your 11 random questions.
- Do you choose to carry a small or large purse?
- How did you get your start blogging? Was there a certain blog that inspired you?
- If I came to your house right now (if you were home) what would I find you doing?
- How would you describe your design style?
- Soda, Pop or Coke? (Which do you say?)
- What is your go-to-quick-cook week night meal?
- Where is your favorite place in your house?
- What would be a dream purchase for your home?
- How many followers do you currently have on your blog?
- What type of music do you find yourself listening to most often?
- Where do you find the most inspiration for decorating your home?
I hope you all enjoy! Happy Wednesday!